|Version 54 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiyan Typhoon Response
Table of Contents
There are 2 long term Eden deployments in the Philippines:
- Relief Goods Inventory & Monitoring System for Department of Social Welfare & Development
- focus on managing Logistics for their emergency Warehouses
- RMS for Red Cross
- focus on volunteer management
As well as supporting these instances, we are setting up a new instance with IOSN for The National Confederation of Cooperatives (NATCCO):
- Production site. User accounts need to be created by Admins, which will only be done for people working in the Call Center. Read-access is public & posts can be actioned from there as-possible.
- Test site. Users can self-register and play around. Accounts and test data will be deleted periodically, but people are welcome to Test things out here with dummy data.
This is NOT in production yet and NOT ready for public dissemination yet.
These deployment uses the
We currently have 2 use cases for the Response phase:
- "I want to give money or goods, where can I find one nearest me to give it to?"
- for the General Public
- "Matching demand with supply within a controlled vetted environment."
- for NATCCO who have network members who are in the disaster zone and also members who wish to help out.
The site may evolve over time to add new use cases & will hopefully evolve into a longer-term Preparedness site like NYC Prepared
Red Cross are interested in this data:
- Census data from http://www.census.gov.ph/statistics/quickstat on e.g. Unemployed
- would be great to download all these XLS & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
- ultimately this should look somethign like this:
- The L2 data is here:
- Needs L1 column filling-in
- Rows with no value should be removed
- L1 data still needed (since unemployment isn't in the L2 stats)
- Damage Assessments: dead, missing, houses destroyed, people affected…
- would be great to pull this from OneResponse & Virtual OSOCC & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
Perhaps we could have a simple User Guide created for the site...e.g. to be added in Help on the site
Ideas can be pulled from:
Work on a nice frontpage design. At a first guess, I think we want 3 big buttons on the front:
- Donate Money
- Provides a listing of Relief Organisations with links to Website (Avoid Phonelines, and especially Bank Accounts, to reduce fraud...leave these to the host org's website)
- Donate Goods
- Asks for Location & shows Drop-off points closest to them
- Donate Time
- Remote support?
- YES: Provides a listing of opportunities
- No: Shows Volunteer locations closest to them
- Remote support?
Wordsmithing could be improved!
or some other way to handle the 2 different ways to donate time
Needs, Orgs & Sites cards all could use better styling.
How do we handle a 2-column datalist view with cards of variable sizes?
Mockup some ideas for how we can best prompt people for where they are & hence find nearest locations to drop-off or volunteer
The default view would be a list of all & then user filters via the multiselects, but a nicer interface would be better if we can
Workflow for submitting Requests
Currently the site has been designed towards allowing people to volunteer but we also need to think about making it easy for Orgs/Site can submit their requests...although this will probably require authentication, so it's not a free for all.
- Multiselect for Site Type is cutting off when inside popup - ugly
- Menu entries for Map & Regions have a common icon which looks confusing
- Needs cards on profile pages & home page have an indent
- Good to have a fallback for the Org logo when not found
- icon-home on Site Needs cards also picking up the coloring of the header
- Site profile Headers need a lot of love
- Site Needs for Time => 2x icon-time icons on card (1 for Opening Hours & 1 for Volunteering)...perhaps volunteering could be made icon-contact (not icon-user as that's contact)
- although this might imply terminology changes elsewhere?
- On the Profile page for an Org, there should only be 1 Needs record, so creating a Needs record should remove the + button for that widget
- Hide rich text fields on needs until their checkboxes are selected (& rehide if deselected)
- in popup from Profile page
- in Inline form when creating a Site / Org (harder!)
- Edit buttons in Profile Headers are ugly
When a datalist with no records has the first record added this doesn't load automatically into the page (it's fine when there is already at least 1 record)
Money is an Organisation Need stored in the req_organisation_needs component
- essentially we will just give people a list of Orgs which are soliciting cash & the websites they can visit to donate...there is also a Rich-text box to add extra details
Requests & Offers are cms_post s
What needs doing?
Custom Forms for creating Orgs + Sites with their Needs Filters Site Profile Pages
- Map should show this Site
- Map should show this Site
- S3Profile for multiple=False widgets should have the create new button disabled when a resource is created
Server-side when page loaded
- Client-side when record added dynamically
- e.g. adding a need to an Org (or Site when we do Site profile pages)
- Location 'Nearest' Search
- Security Policy
- Needs summaries per Lx
Renderers for Orgs & Sites including their Needs (I think datalist will work better for the Rich text)
- Improve Styling
Latest Needs widget on homepage (like DRM's Latest Incidents) We want to be able to zoom-in within an L1 to see the component L2s in the Profile Selector page
- (& maybe within the Profile)
XSL to import Needs & some dummy data to import to help people (especially designers) see a populated system
Obviously there are UI design aspects too, but we can integrate what any volunteer who steps forward on that does.
Other ideas also welcomed.
e.g. I can think of an alternate workflow where Needs are all just cms_posts of type 'money', 'time' or 'goods' & we have a single 'newsfeed' of all
There will be some new code developed so some manual test cases which can be automated would be great
- Philippines Admin Boundaries
Other places to Help