|Version 66 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiyan Typhoon Response
Table of Contents
There are 2 long term Eden deployments in the Philippines:
- Relief Goods Inventory & Monitoring System for Department of Social Welfare & Development
- focus on managing Logistics for their emergency Warehouses
- RMS for Red Cross
- focus on volunteer management
As well as supporting these instances, we are setting up a new instance with IOSN for the National Telehealth Center and The National Confederation of Cooperatives (NATCCO):
- Production site. users can self-register. Public access allows making a Donation against a request. Requests are created by Call Center staff who have the Editor role.
- Test site. Users can self-register and play around. Accounts and test data will be deleted periodically, but people are welcome to Test things out here with dummy data.
This is NOT in production yet and NOT ready for public dissemination yet.
When Testing locally, you can use these accounts:
- Public user who can commit to Requests: l: email@example.com p: testing
- Call center user who can create Requests: l: firstname.lastname@example.org p: testing
We currently have 2 use cases for the Response phase:
- "I want to give money or goods, where can I find one nearest me to give it to?"
- for the General Public
- "Matching demand with supply within a controlled vetted environment."
- for NATCCO who have network members who are in the disaster zone and also members who wish to help out.
The site may evolve over time to add new use cases & will hopefully evolve into a longer-term Preparedness site like NYC Prepared
Red Cross are interested in this data:
- Census data from http://www.census.gov.ph/statistics/quickstat on e.g. Unemployed
- would be great to download all these XLS & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
- ultimately this should look somethign like this:
- The L2 data is here:
Needs L1 column filling-in Rows with no value should be removed
- L1 data still needed (since unemployment isn't in the L2 stats)
- Damage Assessments: dead, missing, houses destroyed, people affected…
- would be great to pull this from OneResponse & Virtual OSOCC & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
- - http://www.gov.ph/crisis-response/updates-typhoon-yolanda/casualties/
Perhaps we could have a simple User Guide created for the site...e.g. to be added in Help on the site
Ideas can be pulled from:
What needs doing?
Money is an Organisation Need stored in the req_organisation_needs component
- essentially we will just give people a list of Orgs which are soliciting cash & the websites they can visit to donate...there is also a Rich-text box to add extra details
Requests & Offers are cms_post s
What needs doing?
There will be some new code developed so some manual test cases which can be automated would be great
- Philippines Admin Boundaries
Other places to Help