|Version 7 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiyan Typhoon Response
Table of Contents
There are 2 long term Eden deployments in the Philippines:
- Relief Goods Inventory & Monitoring System for Department of Social Welfare & Development
- focus on managing Logistics for their emergency Warehouses
- RMS for Red Cross
- focus on volunteer management
As well as supporting these instances, we are setting up a new instance with IOSN for Civil Society:
This is NOT in production yet and NOT ready for public dissemination yet.
I am just reworking the focus of the site.
The current use case for the Response phase is:
- "I want to give money or goods, where can I find one nearest me to give it to?"
The site may evolve over time to add new use cases & will hopefully evolve into a longer-term Preparedness site like NYC Prepared
Work on a nice frontpage design. At a first guess, I think we want 3 big buttons on the front:
- Donate Money
- Provides a listing of Relief Organisations with links to Websites / Phonelines / Bank Accounts
- Donate Goods
- Asks for Location & shows Drop-off points closest to them
- Donate Time
- Remote support?
- YES: Provides a listing of opportunities
- No: Shows Volunteer locations closest to them
- Remote support?
Red Cross are interested in this data:
- Census data from http://www.census.gov.ph/statistics/quickstat on e.g. Unemployed
- would be great to download all these XLS & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
- Damage Assessments: dead, missing, houses destroyed, people affected…
- would be great to pull this from OneResponse & Virtual OSOCC & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
There will be some new code developed so some manual test cases which can be automated would be great
Perhaps we could have a simple User Guide created for the site...e.g. to be added in Help on the site
Ideas can be pulled from:
- Philippines Admin Boundaries