|Version 75 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiyan Typhoon Response
Table of Contents
There are 2 long term Eden deployments in the Philippines:
- Relief Goods Inventory & Monitoring System for Department of Social Welfare & Development
- focus on managing Logistics for their emergency Warehouses
- RMS for Red Cross
- focus on volunteer management
Department of Health
As well as supporting these instances, we have set up a new instance with IOSN and the National Telehealth Center for the Department of Health to track the Status of Health Care facilities & manage Requests from them:
- Production site. Users can self-register. Public access allows making a Donation against a request. Requests are created by Call Center staff who have the Editor role. NB It is expected that the public will not be making donations here, but call center staff will actually do the request matching from government resources.
- Test site. Users can self-register and play around. Accounts and test data will be deleted periodically, but people are welcome to Test things out here with dummy data...although please don't do any stress testing as this is using the same resources as the Production site.
Please don't publicise these URLs directly but rather point people to this Wiki page or to the main Sahana Foundation site. Only useful traffic should be directed at the real servers.
When Testing locally, you can use these accounts:
- Call center user who can create Requests: l: email@example.com p: testing
- Public user who can commit to Requests: l: firstname.lastname@example.org p: testing
Development is happening in Trunk using the
The site may evolve over time to add new use cases & will hopefully evolve into a longer-term Preparedness site like NYC Prepared
- Sites (mainly Medical) needing things call the Call Center to log a Request
- Donations are of two types:
- For donations of money, donors are directed to the organizations' own donation websites.
- Resources (which can be goods or work)
- Donations of resources are made to match requests
- Currently a donation can't be made unless it is for a need that has been posted as a request. (although this might change in future)
- Donations of resources are made to match requests
- Donations can be made from the web page by the public.
- (Donations can also be entered by workers at a call center, who are handling phone calls from donors.)
- Call center worker handling a call from a site which needs something:
- Worker clicks 'Make Request'
- Worker selects from pre-existing sites or creates a new one
- Contact is selected
- If a pre-existing site has a pre-existing site contact then this will default, but can be overridden if-necessary
- Details of the request are logged
- Press Save
- Call center worker handling a call from a donor who has goods or services to donate:
- Worker clicks Donate in kind to get to the list of requests (/req/req/datalist). This shows thumbnails (summaries) of each request, with a Donate button.
- A suitable request is selected using filters &/or full-text search.
- Worker clicks Donate on the request thumbnail. That brings up a donate (commit) create form popup.
- Worker enters Organization (if-appropriate)
- Work enter Contact Name
- Will lookup if contact already exists or can simply add a new one
- Worker enters a description of the donation, and optionally a delivery date and estimated value.
- Worker clicks Save.
- Call center worker handling a call from a donor who wishes to donate money (low priority).
- Worker opens the list of organizations (org/organisation).
- Discusses options with caller, who picks an organization.
- Worker gives caller the URL for the organization's donation site (or simply directs them to the organization's website landing page).
- A member of the public comes to the website to donate goods or services.
- Donor clicks the Donate in Kind link which goes to req/req/datalist
- They can either:
- Filter on Region / Province / MuniCity (& maybe sites).
- Full-text search.
- They click Donate on a request
- If not logged-in this brings up the login page
- If logged-in, this brings up the req/commit/create.popup form.
- They fill out a description of the donation, optionally date available, est. value
- Click Save
- (Once SMS is up then Requester should recv an SMS)
- A member of the public comes to the website to donate money:
- Donor clicks the $ Money link which goes to org/organisation/datalist?needs.money=True
- Donor can either:
- Scroll / page through the list of organizations.
- Search for text in the organization name, website URL, or needs text.
- Donor picks an organization, and clicks the link to (the donation page on) their website.
Celina Agaton from the CrisisMappers network is working with the President's Office to help track aid requests & the status of donations during the response and recovery. They are considering Sahana Eden as an solution for this.
As a minimum viable product we will set up a demonstration instance based on the
Philippines template to demonstrate Sahana Eden and determine what customization is required.
- Private Organisations
Stakeholders can list what resources (and services?) they have available to support the response and recovery
Stakeholders can make requests of what resources (and services?) they need for response and recovery
Stakeholders can track the progress of donations. This will allow ...(someone?) to flag issues which aid being held up or not delivered.
- Resources https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnfU-nSwf0I4dEZOakVOWDcxbnkzVGVuQXNwX1UwN3c&usp=sharing
- Demographic & Impact Data https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AoCpLMiUw7fDdEp3bHZNZUdQcnZvNWx1d19DU1VUeUE&pli=1 Interesting - but not essential for the first demo - could be imported into Sahana's stats data model...
- Updates https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ar_KuNfaMF2adHZTdElpUkk2aEpSdkE2NWdkWVVxb2c&gid=1 Very Interested - could be put onto a Newsfeed?
Health Facilities need completing ready for import:
Red Cross are interested in this data:
- Census data from http://www.census.gov.ph/statistics/quickstat on e.g. Unemployed
- would be great to download all these XLS & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
- ultimately this should look somethign like this:
- The L2 data is here:
Needs L1 column filling-in Rows with no value should be removed
- L1 data still needed (since unemployment isn't in the L2 stats)
- Damage Assessments: dead, missing, houses destroyed, people affected…
- would be great to pull this from OneResponse & Virtual OSOCC & bring into a single XLS file ready for import into Eden
- - http://www.gov.ph/crisis-response/updates-typhoon-yolanda/casualties/
Perhaps we could have a simple User Guide created for the site...e.g. to be added in Help on the site
Ideas can be pulled from:
What needs doing?
Money is an Organisation Need stored in the req_organisation_needs component
- essentially we will just give people a list of Orgs which are soliciting cash & the websites they can visit to donate...there is also a Rich-text box to add extra details
requests use simple req_req & Donations use req_commit
What needs doing?
There will be some new code developed so some manual test cases which can be automated would be great
- Philippines Admin Boundaries
Other places to Help