|Version 61 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
- Using Sahana
- Working on Sahana: Technical Information
OccupySandy is a project to support the survivors of Hurricane Sandy by mobilizing the local community.
- One Page Guide for new Comms staff
- User Guide for Requests & Inventory
- The list of gDocs (being replaced): https://sites.google.com/site/occupysandydocs/
Working on Sahana: Technical Information
- Sahana instances (Please only register if you are actively working on the project)
- Production: http://sandyrelief.sahanafoundation.org
- Test: http://sandyrelieftest.sahanafoundation.org
- Can be used to test data imports and other training with dummy data
- Can be used to test new code
- Database refreshed from Production to test database migration during upgrades
- How to get an account: To get a test account, it's best to instead sign up on the production site, where your login will automatically be transferred to test every so often. Alternatively, approvals for the test system are forwarded to the occupy mailing list.
- Trunk with SandyRelief template: https://github.com/flavour/eden/tree/master/private/templates/SandyRelief
- Bugs to fix
Developers: Getting started
- Set up Sahana on your local machine
- Once you've run Sahana once, you will have a file called models/000_config.py
- Update this file to use the SandyRelief template to see Erica's beautiful theme & have the other relevant settings.
- Also uncomment the settings.base.prepopulate = IFRC_Train line to get sample data.
- Go through the tutorial in the online book: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/Book
- To log in to your local instance: username email@example.com, password testing
- Join the community: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki#Contact
- Use the #SandyRelief channel on Freenode IRC as that is where the users of the system will be
- Ask questions and say hello on the email lists:
- Desired Functionality: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sahana Eden (the global project): email@example.com
- Open an account on this website to get access to the bug tracker.
These should be written as User Stories: BluePrint/Guidelines
- Phase 2 "Sandy Relief" gdoc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14P57OQBQ71WF3Bjjm-WoEd0G4tr0J-TtUrF6DqU2ZuE/edit
- Phase 1 "HelpNY" gDoc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZUiAiEozox5dZbgf3W_JK3CZMx0xfNNjg67bGb24-1M/edit
- Hackpad: https://hackpad.com/uWF14mmRQqy#Sahana-Sandy
Hub Dispatchers want to log Requests into the system
- Supplies (1st priority)
- Assets (needs enabling/testing)
Should we start simple, by just enabling the 'Other' type of Request so that all of the detail is in a free-text form?
- no need to fiddle with the item catalog
Only a single process will be done:
- Daily Stock Take focussing on top 20-25 items & probably down to case level.
This will use the Stock Adjustment process, to which photos may be optionally added. A dropdown can be used for the Item Selector.
Historical reports can also be produced from these (probably reqwuiring a little work down the line)
Simplify intake form?
- Hide CTN
- Hide Price per Pack
- Hide Status
Should we use simplified process for adding Stock? (i.e. direct access without going through stock adjustment. This is the current setting in HelpNY template)
- Also add ability to Send Shipment without having Stock yet added to Warehouse & record negative stock
- This still allows accountability, so separate switch: inv.send_item_without_stock = True
- /eden/inv/send/1/track_item currently has Item as a Dropdown from Warehouse Stock
Improve Item Selector
- Autocomplete+Add (nursix)
Stock Reports should be visible to Public
- Make it clear what is NOT needed
Current Registration form (which feeds CiviCRM):
Sign-up to 'Tasks' (Skills Requests)
Port from Give2LA branch?
'Sync' (Import/Export) volunteers between Sahana & CiviCRM
nursix looking at with Jamie & Joseph from Occupy
- CiviCRM Imports: http://book.civicrm.org/developer/current/techniques/imports/
- Sahana REST API: wiki:S3XRC/RESTfulAPI
- CiviCRM Data Synchronization
Allocations of Volunteers to Tasks
Shoudl we buildon the Rostering tool?
Hubs, Distribution Centers, Medical Clinics & Residential Buildings are all Types of org_facility.
This allows a common /map view & popup definitions.
- Types w diff Icons DONE
- Color-coding by whether they have an open / urgent request?
- OnHover tooltip to show description DONE
- Click to show Requests (custom popup representation) DONE
- Embeddable map in other websites (iframe with flexible size) DONE
- Sync data with Google Fusion Tables?
- At least write back to Fusion as this feeds Google Crisis Response
Fran DONE (mostly)
e.g. 3 people needed to serve hot food at lunch and dinner at this location - repeats daily
- Simple UI to the Scheduler - like is done for Sync currently
Smartphone access to forms
Need to define exactly which forms & decide whether to write custom /m pages for these forms or else develop a Mobile Theme (autodetected vuia WURFL?)
We have access to the OccupySMS gateway (MobileCommons) for both Inbound & Outbound SMS
- Inbound uses shortcode 69866 and is shared, so not all keywords are available for us.
- Original/launch: https://github.com/cjohnson7/Sandy-Response
- Improvements: https://github.com/disantlor/OccupySMS-Web
- Comms_Volunteer_Sahana_User_Onesheet.pdf (92.8 KB ) - added by 10 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip