|Version 2 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
to be expanded into a full page on Usability approach/guidelines in due course
Usability Testing for Haiti2010
We are looking for help with Usability testing on the system we are deploying for the Haiti 2010 Earthquake.
- Haiti - Sahana Response to the Haiti 2010 Earthquake
- BugReportingGuidelines - Sahana Bug Reporting Guidelines (this has a lot of general info about bug hunting and general testing for Haiti 2010).
Whilst we have had a fair amount of testing and bug reports filed, we are also looking for good user experience testing and recommended improvements to make it easier for untrained users to operate Sahana effectively in challenging situations.
We are currently going through a lot of Rapid Application Development as new requests for capabilities go in, and this sometimes means that the user experience is less than optimal. As such, we'd like some good testing of the user experience, and would welcome any suggestions and improvements.
Usability Testing Rules of Engagement
- You will need a Trac account to log tickets for UI/UX bugs and enhancements - please jump into #sahana on irc.freenode.net and ask for an account to be created for you, and that you're helping us with usability testing. This is also our main channel for communicating with other testers and developers.
- The testing should take place on our User Acceptability Testing (UAT) server which is located at http://haiti-test.sahanafoundation.org/
- Please do not test on the production or development servers for obvious reasons.
- Please file bugs/technical issues on Trac as per the Bug Reporting Guidelines.
- If you wish to capture some general advice and guidance, please add it to this wiki page.
Please note all usability recommendations and guidelines here.