|Version 6 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
- Sahana Eden Tasks
- Sahana Vesuvius Tasks
GCI Tasks: QA
Sahana Eden Tasks
Report 2 Bugs in Sahana Eden
Explore either the The Sahana Eden Demo Site or a local instance of Sahana Eden as see if you can find any bugs. Report them following http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BugReportingGuidelines
Review Open Tickets in Sahana Eden's Bug Tracker
- Select a ticket from the list of [report/1 Active Tickets]
- Review that the the bug that it describes still occurs, or that the feature that it describes has not been implemented and is still relevant.
- Add any additional information to the ticket
Write Manual Test Cases for a Sahana Eden Module
Write up the steps to perform the user tasks in the module, automate the tests using Selenium IDE, provide test data where useful. Document the User's workflows as test cases in the Sahana Eden Tests spreadsheet (Test Scripts sheet). Include any test data you use. You should test as much of the functionality as possible.
Create Automated Tests for 2 Test Scripts from the Sahana Eden Tests Spreadsheet
Create an Automated Tests for a Sahana Eden Module
Follow the instructions on DeveloperGuidelines/Testing. You should test as much of the functionality as possible.
To be automated scripts (incomplete):
Sahana Vesuvius Tasks
Draw or Evaluate Annotations of Faces using "ImageStat" Tool
Research is going on to improve face-detection and face-matching algorithms, for eventual incorporation into Vesuvius/PL and other projects. To assist with algorithm training/testing and "ground truthing", images of faces are being annotated with rectangles. A web-site tool, "ImageStat", has been built to allow this. Annotators are needed to use this tool on public images, e.g., of celebrities.
The specific task (broken into finite 2-3 hours chunks) may involve:
- Drawing a frontal "face" rectangle, a "profile" rectangle, and/or representative "skin" rectangles.
- Comparing such rectangles drawn by hand to rectangles marked by computer, and judging their similarity.
Annotate or Evaluation Extraction of Person Names, Place Names and Health Status of Missing and Found Persons
Research is underway to apply computer methods to extracting key features related to missing/found persons from English sentences found in free text. The sentences may be artificial or from a collection. Tasks may involve:
- Identifying certain parts of speech within a sentence, as “ground truth” tagging.
- Identifying person names, place names, and health status within a sentence, as “ground truth” tagging.
- Evaluating the accuracy of parts-of-speech tagging done by computer parsing of sentences.
There will likely not be task-specific software for this activity, rather the use of standard office tools like spreadsheets. It will be helpful to be a native or very fluent English speaker with some exposure to formal grammar rules.