|Version 15 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Google Code In 2014 - 2015
Information for GCI Participants
- Please sign our Contributor License Agreement before claiming or completing any tasks (even non-coding tasks).
- Please set your expectations from our mentors:
- We will take 24 hours to respond to task claim requests
- We will take 36 hours to review submitted completed tasks
- Please use our public mailing list (http://groups.google.com/group/sahana-eden) or IRC channel (#sahana-eden on irc.freenode.net or http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sahana-eden&uio=d4) for all communications - no private messaging please - our mentors wil redirect you back to our public channels. This also lets you introduce yourself to the community. And if you post questions to the mailing list for the project you're working on, then many people will be available to answer, not just your mentor.
- Please note that Melange does notify mentors assigned to a task by e-mail whenever there is a status change or a comment made on a task... so you do not need to send an email to our lists when you claim or complete a task.
- Please be patient....
- The mentor for your project may be in a different timezone. They may be asleep, having dinner...
- Our mentors have lives, spouses, children, jobs, hobbies, exams...
- See the times above -- that gives the maximum response time, and a response might take that long.
- Mentors and Admin on duty through the end of GCI:
- Arnav Kumar Agrawal (IRC: knowing42)
- Ramindu Deshapriya (IRC: ramindu)
Here is a list of mentors with their IRC nicknames and timezones:
|Arnav Kumar Agrawal||knowing42||UTC+0530|
|Hardik Juneja||hardikj||UTC +0530|
|Pat Tressel||ptressel||UTC -0800|
|Hitesh Sharma||hitesh96db||UTC +0530|
|Vishrut Mehta||vishrut009||UTC +0530|
|Anirudh Tewari||anirudh||UTC +0530|
|Arnav Sharma||iamas||UTC +0530|
|Lolitha Ratnayake||Lolitha||UTC +0530|
Mentors: Adding New GCI Tasks
A Google Code-In task should be a small unit of work in one of the categories listed below.
Tasks must be added to Sunflower under the following projects:
- Code : Sahana Eden Trunk Code
- Documentation : Sahana Eden Documentation
- Outreach-Research : Sahana Outreach
- UI : Sahana Eden User Interface
- Quality Assurance : Sahana Quality Assurance
When adding tasks, ensure that you have used the 'New' tag upon creation. When adding tasks, ensure that you have used the 'New' tag upon creation.