|Version 7 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Installation of GIS Tools on Windows
Suggest these CLI tools for data manipulation:
For ogr2ogr, gis.import_admin_areas etc
- Download the latest 32-bit version.
- Install both the Windows binaries & the Python bindings.
- set your GDAL_DATA environment variable correctly
- ensure that the GDAL folder is in your PATH *before* any folders with different DLL versions
Alternatively these can be installed as part of OpenGeoSuite
- Download the JDK & install it:
- Download the JAI & install it:
- Download the JAI ImageI/O & install it:
Tomcat is the recommended way to deploy Java applications
- Download GeoServer & install it:
e.g. included as part of OpenGeoSuite
- TinyOWS can complement this for WFS-T
- Ensure that
JAVA_HOMEpoints to a JDK.
- Download & build source (svn can be installed using Cygwin):
svn checkout http://www.mapfish.org/svn/mapfish/print/trunk/ cd trunk ./gradlew build
- Configure Tomcat
- Copy the WAR file to your %WEBAPPS% directory:
copy trunk\build\libs\print-servlet-1.2-SNAPSHOT.war "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps"
- (re)Start Tomcat
- Configure the Map URL for Eden to:
- Configure %WEBAPPS%\print-servlet-1.2-SNAPSHOT\config.yaml: http://www.mapfish.org/doc/print/configuration.html
- Install Python & PIL & pyproj [_imagingft.pyd fails with PIL-1.1.7 (on 64-bit Windows7 anyway), so downgrade]