|Version 14 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
These are quick tasks suitable for GCI or Hackathons.
For other tasks, see:
Tasks for beginning coders, or if new to Python or web services
Action ToDos in code
Search the code for
- Migrate represents to S3Represent
- project_assignee_represent (https://github.com/flavour/eden/blob/master/modules/s3db/project.py#L4754)
- project_task_represent (https://github.com/flavour/eden/blob/master/modules/s3db/project.py#L4798)
- Migrate custom methods to use settings.get_ui_formstyle()
- Extend S3AddPersonWidget2 to have an option to enter names into 2-3 different fields instead of a single field
- Complete S3UpdateLocation()
- e.g. with the event_resource model: https://github.com/flavour/eden/blob/master/modules/s3db/event.py#L933
Fix a Ticket
Pick a ticket (which could be a bug or an enhancement) from http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/report/1. First ensure that you can repeat this in your local instance - if not: MODIFY TICKET > resolve as > worksforme. If the bug is still present, assign the ticket to yourself. Then fix the bug or implement the feature. Submit your code as a patch to the ticket on Trac, then notify the Sahana-Eden mailing list about your patch for verification. Please submit as a patch file, not zipped. That makes it easier to review without downloading and unzipping. Alternatively (preferred method) push your code in a single commit to your Github repository and make a pull request.
Easy tickets to get started on are listed here: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/report/18
When you are working on the ticket as a part of GCI task, first add a keyword to the ticket "GCI TASK". If you unclaim the task or want to work on another ticket please remove the keyword.
Resolve an issue from a Disaster Response
During disasters the Sahana Community does a lot of work to deploy Sahana to help affected communities. Often there is more work than can be completed - but you can help to address some of these issues before the next disaster:
Common Operational Datasets
- Purpose and schemas for common datasets (schemas are at end): http://oneresponse.info/resources/imtoolbox/publicdocuments/IASC%20Guidelines%20on%20Common%20Operational%20Datasets%20in%20Disaster%20Preparedness%20and%20Response%201%20Nov.%202010.pdf
- Add model definitions for these schemas. This work was started but is not included in the current version of Eden. An example from an old version is here: models/08_assess.py
- Think about how we could make use of them.
- Display on the Map?
- Have Reports which compare the baseline & situational assessments?
GIS/Mapping [multiple tasks]
These are various GIS/Mapping Tasks:
- Make the display_feature() & display_features() popup a Window instead of opening in a DIV
- This was working in FF before: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/browser/views/sahana_scripts_min.html?rev=836#L39
- Layer Tree
- Map Preview when Lat/Lon set in pr/person/presence (auto or not)
[DeveloperGuidelines/GIS Use the Mapping API to:]
- Color coded maps according to Geo-data (threats, needs, etc)
- Place variable sized markers on the map in proportion to data (number of people in camp, number of families needing food)
Lat/Lon converter [GCI]
Portuguese Volunteer Firefighters (Bombeiros) use Eden.
They get given Lat/Lon coordinates in degrees minutes seconds, but Eden stores internally as decimal degrees.
- Create a validator (& possibly widget) to allow entry of this format (allowing for variations in input format like spaces and absence of the degree symbol, which most keyboards don't have) & have it converted to decimal degrees for storage
Scale Uploaded Images [GCI]
When images are uploaded we can limit the size, however larger pictures should be scaled instead. Example: personal profile picture.
- [GCI task, #1017] UI to to allow user to crop image (this would be a widget:
- Ideally the image would be resized client-side to make it faster to upload...this might be hard with pure JS, so would need to be Flash?
- Maybe: http://labs.corefive.com/Projects/FileManager/ (e.g. from http://code.google.com/p/django-ckeditor-filemanager/ )