|Version 3 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
We can always use SysAdmin support to help out with our infrastructure: developing tools & maintaining sites.
Setting up a New Instance
These documents are secured - ask for access if you are going to contribute:
- IP Addresses/RAM Allocations for Eden Infrastructure
- Setting up a new VM instance on Eden Infrastructure
Upgrading an Instance
Need to decide whether the site will be upgraded straight from Trunk, or whether upgrades are staged via a Test server.
We manage upgrades using Fabfile.
- Add the site to fabile.py
- If no keys generated yet, then generate some:
- deploy keys
fab <site> distribute_keys
- Run the upgrade (as/when required)
fab <site> deploy
- Set up an instance of Hudson to automatically run through our Selenium tests
- Have a set of reference data available
- Upgrade to 2.1.4 (from 2.1.1)
- Upgrade to 0.12.1
- Check Plugin Dependencies
- Convert from sqlite to PostgreSQL (or MySQL) to improve performance
- Add Timing & Estmation Plugin
- Investigate a fix or alternative to http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/MathCaptchaPlugin for allowing Trac users to register bugs anonymously whilst not locking out our testing team.
- See if we can not send emails out to users for the updates they make themselves (maybe fixed in 0.12.x?)
- Investigate a fix for the last section edit doubling-up the footers (maybe fixed in 0.12.x?)
- Bzr start-commit hook to update all languages (need a script rather than the current appadmin UI method)
cd web2py python web2py.py -S eden -R applications/eden/static/scripts/tools/languages.py
- Scripts to automate the conversion 2 PO & upload/download to/from Pootle: UserGuidelinesLocalisation