|Version 32 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
User Guidelines Localisation
Table of Contents
Contributing to a Translation of Sahana Eden
Translation to other languages is highly appreciated.Sahana Pootle Server is available as on online tool used for Translations. Please see the Pootle User Guidelines for instructions or contact the MailingList for advice.
Translate Sahana Eden into a New Language
1. Create Language File
Create a new file using the ISO 639-1 Code of the Language as the filename. If it is a national variation of a language, eg. New Zealand English, add a suffix to the filename: "en_nz.py".
Sahana Eden can be translated in the following ways:
A. Using Pootle
Sahana Pootle Server is available as on online tool for collaboration, translation refinement and workflow control.
Convert to a .po file for use in Pootle (or other PO file tools such as Virtaal):
For UTF-8, beware of the encoding - needs to be 'without BOM' or 'ANSI as UTF-8'.
- this is both within the
languages/file & also with any UTF-8 direct in customised Views.
web2py2po -i zh-tw.py -o zh-tw.po # Use Pootle &/or Virtaal to translate, then: po2web2py -i zh-tw.po -o zh-tw.py
NB The .py output looks wrong, with raw UTF-8 binary characters, however it works fine if you let Web2Py process it:
- copy into 'languages' folder
- run Eden with this language: http://127.0.0.1:8000/eden/default/index?_language=xx
When adding languages, use this resource to configure them properly:
The script that Fran uses to update files between Bzr & Pootle is:
If the script fails, check for the presence of a ` in a T("") - this causes the languages.py to reset the languages/* to default &/or stop web2py2po from working!
B. Using Auto-Translator
You can -also- try a new method, using a beta tool, which translates any file (including the web2py languages files) using the Google Translate API:
- Go to Auto-Translator, download, uncompress the .tar.gz archive
- Inside the uncompressed directory, execute the application with:
- ./autotranslate.py (parameters) or
- python autotranslate.py (parameters)
(The parameters are: filename, origin language and destination language)
Example: ./autotranslate.py /home/johndoe/web2py/applications/eden/languages/es.py en es
Wait (you'll see an advance status) and DONE. Just refine the translations (inside web2py or just open with a text editor)
Please provide any bug report or problem to the main list
C. Using Web2Py Admin UI
You can then edit the language file directly in the Web2Py Admin UI.
If wishing to provide access to just language strings & not the rest of the source code:
Translate Wiki Pages
- Translated pages with ISO 639-2 Language Code extension (original english page = no extension), e.g.
- original page: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation
- german translation: eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrintInternationalisation/de
- Insert [[TranslatedPages]] macro to display a list of available translations of a page (at best at bottom of page)