|Version 2 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
This is designed to be a template for creating User Guidelines for Sahana Eden Applications
Table of Contents
User Guidelines - <Application Name>
An overview of what this module could be used for. Focus on what value the information in this application would add to Disaster Management and how it will support decision making (ideally with a list of decisions supported)
Data (??? better name)
A list of the Resources (Data Tables) within the Application, and a brief description of what they are
Any complex, non-CRUD workflows. Possibly include a flow chart / diagram. Ensure that you attached the raw file (ideally in an open format - ) as well as the image.
Any non-CRUD reports
A selection of screenshots (~5) and a description of what they could be used for.
<5 Min overview. This should start with a screen stating: "Sahana Eden - <Application Name> Application"
Advice for creating a screen captured video:
- Be very careful to not take screen captures of your browser with multiple tabs open; only a single window with the Eden application (full screen mode is best to also avoid open applications being shown in the task bar).
- Hide your bookmarks folders, and anything else *not* related to Sahana Eden that's in the browser window before starting the screen capture.
- Fill in *every* field on *every* form shown with meaningful data (not gibberish, something that makes sense), not simply the required fields.
- Press *every* button on every screen related to the module or application you are creating a screen cast for.
- Take care again to not have gibberish entries (such as "kjdssga" for a name) or lots of unrelated data (i.e. organizations or incidents in India, Japan, Bhutan, the United States, and Tksfd) when showing screens with tabular data. There is nothing wrong with entering a bunch of data as if responding to an event near your home as you will know the geography and organizations that make sense to include.
- Alternatively, use a sample data set (if available) provided for the purpose of creating a demonstration.
- Be very careful with spelling and try to avoid having your browser suggest entries based on previous demonstrations and selecting them rather than typing in a new data element (ajax lookups that are a part of Sahana Eden is okay as that is demonstrating Eden's capabilities).
Finally, please provide a full resolution screen capture such that when the video is brought into full screen mode, or shown through a projector for demonstration or training purposes, that the image is clear and easy to read.