|Version 53 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
There will be a hackfest for SahanaPy at FOSSkriti on Feb 14th at 15:30 UTC
This will include a number of people - some will be skilled programmers, some may be new to this technology.
Ajay will be on site. Remote support will be provided by Fran, Massimo & Satya (Chamindra & Dominic [nursix] will also be around)
- Introductory Presentation: Ajay Kumar [ajuonline]
- Brief Skype Videocall on the tracks we will cover: Fran Boon [flavour]
- Using Transconnect for full Internet access (iitk network + bzr workaround):
- Start up a terminal and run the following command
- Verify that it works with
- Run all bzr commands from the same terminal. If you want to change terminals, repeat the export in the new one.
- Using Bzr to work on the hackfest tree:
- Note for Windows Users: DeveloperGuidelinesBzrWindows
- Get a username/password for the hack server from Ajay or Fran
bzr branch bzr+ssh://email@example.com/var/www/web2py/applications/sahana
bzr add && bzr remove && bzr commit
bzr push bzr+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/var/www/web2py/applications/sahana
- Update the working-tree & reload Apache to see the results: http://hack.sahanapy.org/cgi-bin/hackfest.py
- Ignore the 500 error!
How to Communicate?
- Sahana Developer Mailing list can be used prior to & after the event.
- Participants please ping flavour/ajuonline on IRC to get their Trac logins created for this wiki beforehand or ask one of the guys in #fosskriti.
- Skype or Dimdim or CoPilot (if necessary)
- Sahana Module development: Ajay Kumar [ajuonline]
- Web2Py framework for simple RAD web development: Massimo di Pierro [massimo]
- RESTlike CRUD controller:
- integrate tools.py's Crud Authorization
- still using t2.itemize, t2.search & 1 instance of t2.delete (should be replaced, which may mean amending tools.py &/or sqlhtml.py)
- rework our Audit to use tools.py's auth_events
- JSON POST support
- Many to Many widget
- Extend the Languages support by integrating suggestions from GoogleTranslate
- Test _stamp_many()
- Testing using Selenium: Satyakaam Goswami [satyag]
- Functional Test cases will be created using BluePrints
- Download and install Selenium IDE
- Read Testing with Selenium
- Good read in order to Understand how Selenium Works
- jQuery Enhancements: People already fluent with jQuery
- Note the Production/Debug modes with compressed JS files: DeveloperGuidelinesReleaseProcess#CompressJSCSSfiles
- Fix bug in DeletableList: #7
- Auto-complete widget (for when dropdowns get too long):
- Many to Many widget
- Advanced: Fran Boon [flavour]