|Version 9 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Blueprint for the Project Management Module
Table of Contents
Current Data Model
We need the ability to build task lists & set Milestones.
This needs to usable across several different Projects, each of which has it's own Admin.
In order to help refine this we should 'eat our own dog food' & use the system for our own internal coordination.
Some of this has so far been built in Vol & subsequently moved to Org, but the user-facing part will move into a project controller (whether the models follow is still up for debate).
The rest has been built in Budgetting - some of this will move to Finance whilst the rest moves into Logistics & Project.
- Project Task assigned to should show Title (& name) in .requires/.represent
- Project Task assigned to should be 1->M component & link table should track %FTE
- Dropdown of roles to assign to the project should by default be filtered to just those with spare capacity on these dates
- This can be easily over-ridden by unticking this checkbox (same place as filter to just my organisation(s)/my office(s)
- Onvalidation check should warn when roles are being over-committed (link to other project if readable)
- Staff_Budget should be a 1-1 component link (like person/volunteer) Name?
- Project_Beneficiary should be a component link
- this then acts as DVR!?
- Project_Donor should be a component link: Need different key joins. beware export loops, so for now define components in controllers only? (try it out)
- either move organisation crud strings to model or else define other donor ones
- Need to integrate project/position with budget_staff
- Occupy projects extensions
Naming: Staff vs Position
- Latter good for Budgetting/Vacancies
- This should therefore be a Report on Staff with blank person_id
- Staff Report shouldn't include such vacancies, although organigram should
- Staff Report needs de-duplicating: Person 1->M Roles
- Staff is person_id to organisation_id?
- Role is person_id to project_id?